Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm gonna miss...



Dear Steve,

I can't seem to leave the house without seeing at least one black Jeep Cherokee. While they all lack the red sapper sticker on the window and almost none of them are lifted, I am reminded of you. We had some pretty good times in that Jeep. My first memories of that car were also my first memories of you. As we drove to the corn maze on our first date, I played with your ipod and "spied" on your taste in music. I remember turning the volume way up, so I could hear over the rattling of the jeep, causing Jamie and Blaine to nearly go deaf. Then there was the time I asked to drive. I didn't know how well it handled and was testing the Jeep's limits, which got a little scary. ( I am sure you saw your life flash before your eyes at least once) Eventually I got used to driving the Jeep and enjoyed being higher than the other vehicles on the road.( as long as I was not driving on the highway) My favorite Jeep memory would have to be when you were towed from my apartment. Even though you had to get back to school and it was already late, we had so much fun just hanging out and talking while waiting for the tow guy to call us back. ( Jeep lesson # 56 don't park in a handicap space, even if it is just for ten minutes) Despite the numerous flat tires, incessant rattling, and the shear terror that it would fall to pieces once we went over 60 miles an hour, I will always love your Jeep and the memories it was a part of. ( Jeep lesson #102 don't leave your purse in Rexburg and remember once you get to Blackfoot.. ) I bet you are smiling right now thinking about that trip to Idaho in the Jeep.( See you do miss it.. at least a little)
Love,
Megs

3 comments:

  1. We got to talk to Steve for a minute on Saturday. It was fun.

    Isn't it funny how the sight of something, or the smell of something, can bring a memory to our mind that is so real.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that someone has good memories of that jeep. Just the thought of the Black Cherokee gives me the creeps. Haha. I hate that black jeep with a passion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you did not have the best experiences in that Jeep! I had a few bad ones myself that were not nearly as horrific as your's. I still think of it fondly though, mostly because of how much it reminds me of Steve.

    I was so happy that you guys were able to talk to him and see him on the computer! I hope that the next time can be for a lot longer. He said that it was already pretty late and he had to get up early. The time difference can really suck, but keep trying because I know he loved talking with all of you and seeing you!

    ReplyDelete