Tuesday, September 14, 2010

IT'S A ......


Dear Steve,

After a month of fighting with the insurance and a ton of stress I was finally able to get my 20 week ultrasound. ( at 25 weeks) My appointment was at 1 and I couldn't think of anything else all morning. Over the past 5 weeks my excitement for finding out the gender had been slowly replaced with worry that everything would be in proper working order. I drank a little pop an hour before the appointment. (they tell you to drink 8 fluid oz) Deirdre recommended pop, so the baby would be more active during the ultrasound. I was worried that I still needed to drink more, so I drank a few cups of water. I knew as soon as I got to the hospital I would need to pee, but it seemed worth the risk. The baby was moving around in the waiting room and when I laid on the table to begin the ultrasound, the movement subsided. Only after the ultrasound was over did I feel movement again. They checked the heart first and everything looked great! The baby was the size and weight they would expect and all the parts were in the right place. A few times the Ultrasound tech tried to poke the baby, urging it to move. The baby wasn't having it. Stubborn, just like you.( ok... and me) I am sure by now you are dying to know what the gender is.. well I guess I can finally tell you. We are having a little baby GIRL!!! Good thing, because my mom couldn't stop buying dresses and pink cloths for the baby. I'm sure that our little girl will have you wrapped around her finger from birth. You are such a softy for little girls. ( remember our primary class and how you gave Rachael all the stickers you had, even though you were just supposed to give her 1) I know you are going to be an amazing father, and our little girl's hero. As soon as I can I will send you the ultrasound pictures. There is one where she put her arm over her head, like she was ready for the photo shoot to be over. ( I guess she will love taking pictures as much as you) I wish you were here for all of the different stages and to feel your baby girl kick, but I hope you know how proud I am of you. Stay focused on what you are doing. Baby and I are doing great and miss you every day, but you don't need to be worried. ( that's my job)

Love,
Megs

5 comments:

  1. A GIRL! We love girls! Girls are wonderful. They are so cute. They can wear ANY color because all you have to do is put a bow on their cute little head. Anyway, we are so excited for you...and if you want to name her after her favorite Aunt Sara...it's okay with me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Girls are so much fun! And a lot of fun to dress up and put bows on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "bow hunter"...so cute. I can't wait to hold my sweet little niece. I know she will be a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I stumbled across your blog when I saw your comments on Sara's blog and now I would love to stalk you. hehe Now, I can't add to the "girls are great" comments since the y chromosome is prominent over here but congrats nonetheless! :)

    (I'm not sure if our blog shows up in my profile but just in case you too like to stalk, we're over at www.havicanation.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Megan, I just found Sara's blog and now yours!! It's a girl...Congradulations! I decided we should have named Curtis, Beau Hunter.... pronounced bow. How are you feeling? We miss you and Steven! Wishing you growth and happiness. lol Candy

    ReplyDelete