
Dear Friends and Family,
First, I would like to thank everyone for the support they have shown Steve. For those who haven't had a chance to hear from him yet I will give you a run down of how he is doing. After a month of training in Wisconsin he flew out of the country and to his post.( If you need the address just email me and I will send it to you) For the most part he is having a good time and is excited to learn about the people and culture. His favorite part seems to be the children. Every time they leave the base kids flock to the soldiers. The kids always ask Steve for his watch or sunglasses. His face lights up every time he talks about the children. ( especially how excited they get when the boys give them treats) Over all the morale seems to be high and nothing too scary has happened yet. ( at least that Steve will tell me about) Steve and I get to talk almost everyday and that is due in large part to Skype. If you don't already have it I would urge you to download it today. http://www.skype.com/ If you video call another computer from your own there is no charge.( it does cost to call a cell phone) I am sure Steve would love to get calls from all of you and it would be a fun surprise. He is usually able to talk at night, so that would be in the morning over here in the U.S. of A. Ohh, if you are worried about him eating well.. don't.. they have Baskin Robins ice cream.. so we all know Steve is set. If you want to send Steve a little something it is easier and more economical then you would think. The US Postal Service will send you all the packing material you will need to send any soldier a package for free. Just call this number (1-800-610-8734) Ask for the military pack. They send you a total of 10 flat rate boxes, packing tape, mailing labels, and customs forms. You will get a reorder number and can get more if needed. It only cost me $12.50 to send the largest box. ( he recieved it in less than a week.. but they say it can take about 2 weeks to arrive) If you are interested in sending something this is the cheapest way I have found. I know that any thing you do will be greatly appreciated.. so don't hesitate to write a short email to say hello. Thanks again for all of your support!!!
Love,
Megs
we totally want to send him a package!! thanks for the info and the update!! when you get a chance, add us to your blog - arlenob83@gmail.com.....hope you're feeling well by the way!! take care!!
ReplyDelete~Brittany and Justin