
Dear Friends and Family,
While Steve and I were engaged I went with my mom to her favorite nail place to have a pedicure. The nail technician was asking me all about getting married, Steve and pretty much anything you can think of. When she found out I was marrying a younger man she proceeded to tell me what a LUCKY GIRL I was and that in her country that was considered to be very lucky. Her accent made for a funny story to tell Steve and it has become a running joke between us. I always say what a lucky girl I am in the best accent I can manage. Today I was thinking about just how lucky I truly am and wanted to share. In a few hours I am going to the airport to pick up STEVE!!!!! It still doesn't quite feel real yet, but I am sure that will change the moment I see his face. Not only am I lucky he even gets to come home on leave at all, but we are both so fortunate to have him home during this special time. ( the birth of our first child) I have complained a lot over the past few weeks that I was ready to have the baby and she could come at anytime and I would be alright with it. I am so grateful that she chose to wait for her daddy to come home and be there with us. I am so blessed to have a husband like Steve. He is always supportive, understanding and can make me laugh even when I am mad. ( which gets him out of trouble way too often) I am a lucky girl to have such an amazing family that has taken care of me while Steve is away. Their support has given me the strength to move forward and live as normal of a life as I can. I can't imagine doing this alone, and I know it would make Steve's job in Afghanistan that much harder if he was worrying about me. I just wanted to say Thank you to all of our friends and family that have supported us. We are both so lucky to have all of you in our lives!
Love,
Megs
Megan I am so happy for you! I know exactly how you are feeling at this moment! Too excited to put into words! I remember the day Ryan came home on leave and it was the greatest feeling ever! (Just wait till he comes home for good... it gets even better!) Enjoy your precious time with Steve and little Hallie.
ReplyDeleteSo glad he was able to come home and I read on Sara's blog that your precious Hallie was born! Congratulations she is absolutely beautiful!!
ReplyDelete