Tuesday, February 8, 2011

unexpected

so happy
I could not believe my eyes yesterday, as I watched my 7 week old daughter roll over for the first time. I had just placed her on my bed on her tummy. I assumed it would be like all the other "tummy times" and eventually after she struggled to move for a while she would want to be picked up.(  She once did a 180 by kicking her legs and trying to grip the ground.. like the hands of a clock ) She immediately lifted her head , cocked it back, and started to lift her left leg. Before I knew it she was slowly rolling over. I was so excited, proud and sad all in the same moment. I began to tear up thinking about how badly I wanted Steve to be there and how much I know he would have wanted to see it in person. Despite missing Steve I was elated watching my daughter pass such a big milestone.( big for me at least) After her success, I of course wanted a repeat performance. I have yet to receive one, but I am sure she will be a little Roley poly soon enough. This girl is going to be a mover and a shaker. I can't wait to capture her rolling over on video and send it to Steve.

1 comment:

  1. AAAH! She's growing up too fast! Make it stop! She's a doll. (This is Jamie BTW, not Blaine ha ha)

    ReplyDelete